Monday, January 26, 2004

That weekend went fast. Today is my first back at Uni, although this semester I only have one lecture on a Monday and that's not until midday.

Last night was fun - I got Ann to sing with me when leading some songs, I'm trying to a) learn to play with other musicians and b) gradually develop a band. I'm realising that more musicians can actually mean greater flexibility if you practise enough. Jonny Danger told the story of Jonah and managed to fit in a fairly cutting joke about Swansea (likening Swansea to Nineveh) which didn't go down well with our Swansea boy Bids.

I've just finished The Way of the Heart by Henri Nouwen, a great book looking at Solitude, Silence and Prayer from the perspective of the Desert Fathers. I can't wait to read more Nouwen.

On Saturday our next door neighbour, Nigel was airing his pheasants at his front door. I think he has this idea that I'm the kind of veggie who is squeamish about dead animals, but the only person in our family who gets freaked out by dead birds is my Mum!

Before I sign off, I just wanted to mention that today is the day that Baby Evans will be born! How exciting.