Thursday, June 16, 2005

This week has been strange and I haven't felt much like blogging. There have been some great moments and I know God has been completely at work, but at the same time some confusing times.

For example last night Chris called me to let me know that one of the guys we were in college with died in his sleep at some point last week. I was by no means one of his closest friends. We had had some great conversations while at college and I would certainly consider him more than just an aquaintance. The thing that really hit me about his death was that life is so fragile and that the people we know and love are so precious and deserve to know that.

I was left feeling pretty confused as I cycled home - what right do I have to piggy-back my emotional journey on the back of this young man's death? How should this inform the way that I live? Am I just a hopeless melancholic?