Thursday, November 17, 2005

Well I'm here. Interestingly God provided me some comfort on the way, through the medium of people both known and unknown. The first was Clare Samuel, who was on the train from Cardiff to Newport and provided the distraction I needed from the fact I had just said goodbye to Zoe (which was no fun at all).

When I arrived at Birmingham International Airport I went to Starbucks for my final Caramel Macchiato for a while. I sat down on one of their sofas and did some journalling, reading etc. Then I got up to look at the departure screen and my book fell. The lady opposite me picked it up and commented on the fact I had been thumbing through my Bible. Her name is Elizabeth and she's part of a church just outside Copenhagen, so we got to chat about God and what an adventure it it following him. When we arrived in Copenhagen she and her husband Martin helped me find the train for Malmo!

I'm typing this from the library, or Stadsbibliotek, of which I'm now a member. It was one of the missions set by Emma to help me get used to life in the city. On the way I tried out my first bit of cycling on the right side of the road...very interesting.