Friday, March 09, 2007

As I'm sure you've figured out by now I'm back in Cardiff. It's actually been an entire week and I'm just about getting used to it.

Leaving Malmö was as difficult as expected. The last few days were bittersweet, being with great friends, knowing that I'd soon be gone. However there was hope mixed in with it, the hope of growth and adventure.

The Sunday before I left I met up with Andreas for the last of our weekly catchups, and was just about to leave (about 18:00) when the doorbell rang. When Andreas opened the door there was a small collection of people, all of whom I knew, but was surprised to see together. It turned out he had organised a surprise leaving party. It was a great surprise - Thankyou to all concerned!

Designing
One of the things I've been working on recently is the Skapa website. For those of you who won't get much out of the site (it's in Swedish) Skapa is an organisation that exists to explore the overlap between faith and art. This is primarily expressed through an annual event, where these elements are brought together. The theme for this year is Black/White, Life/Death and contrast, and the site design reflects the idea of this contrast. It was a challenge working primarily in black and white (there is a hint of colour in the links), but an enjoyable challenge.