Wednesday, May 07, 2003

I was at Lewis and Maria's tonight. Lewis made an awesome, veggie, indian meal for us. They're good friends and I feel like I've known them far longer than I have.

Afterwards we watched Fight Club. It was my fourth time watching it I think. It's strange because I think that every time I watch it I like it less. I think it's very cleverly thought out and the production is great, but there's just something about it that seems to grab me less every time.

Perhaps it's the lack of emotion in it. It's a very cold film, it's like the characters deal with stuff only in a dysfunctional way and while they are claiming some form of salvation experience are actually spiraling downwards. This is obviously intentional.

Before I end this blog I want to point out that Fight Club has long been one of my favourites. Maybe I'm just changing.

Or perhaps I was just really in need of a good conversation and that's why I didn't fully love crashing in front of the dreaded screen.

I'm going to go put Oscar (our little dog) to bed.

I'm the only one in my family left in the UK and it's a bit weird. I'm very much part of a family and to suddenly be 'stranded' is a bit weird.