Monday, February 02, 2004

4 inch nail and a speedy answer to prayer
Yesterday morning I went mountain biking, for the first time in a while. I've been commuting to uni to keep fit through the winter, but haven't ventured much further afield for a while.

I was heading for the Garth, just beyond Tongwynlais and had been riding for maybe 10 minuted when I noticed my bike becoming sluggish. I looked down to find that my rear tyre was completely flat - this was no slow puncture. It turned out that I had a 4 inch (10cm) nail that went through the tread of the tyre, through the innertube, and out of the side.

I prayed a quick one, "God, this is crap," and turned my bike along to walk home. Before I could even start walking this guy rode up and gave me his spare innertube!! He even gave me some advice of where the riding was good (if you're reading this - thanks for the tube man, you made my day). So I got my ride and an answer to prayer.

Riding buddies
While I'm on the subject of mountain biking, I'm sick of riding on my own. So I'm looking for mountainbikers in Cardiff who would be up for going for the occasional ride. (for a greater chance at google search success, that was: mountain biking in cardiff, mountainbiking in cardiff, mountain bikers in cardiff, or even mountain bike club in cardiff). If you're up for it, just give me a call on 029 2040 8365, or email me at jonathan[at]cardiffvineyard[dot]org (just change the words in brackets for an @ and a . respectively).