Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Saturday night we returned from Nottingham weak, weary and very excited about everything we had seen God do while we were there.

On Friday afternoon I went out with a group of people offering prayer for healing in Nottingham City Centre. It was amazing because as soon as we put up the sign offering "prayer for healing" there was a steady flow of people coming to receive prayer and free chocolate (a small token of God's love).

Saturday I was hanging out with some of the people from the Arches - a centre which provides anything from sofas and toys to coffee and prayer to refugees and the poor in Nottingham.

I've really felt God speaking to me recently about confidence and where I find it. Often we talk about wanting self-confidence, but I don't really think that's what God intends. He wants us to be reliant on him for confidence and purpose. Part of finding confidence in God involves getting over the 'self.' it means seeing that the Kingdom of God is far bigger and more important than your own hang-ups and insecurities.

This weekend is about relaxing with family. We're having a short break to celebrate my Dad's 50th Birthday, which is coming up on Wednesday.