Tuesday, March 01, 2005

One morning last week, I can't remember which day, I was in the shower and found myself thinking of a story that I've heard a million times before. Years ago, before I was even a twinkle in my fathers eye, my Grandpa was asked to pray for a lady who was completely blind. He recalls having absolutely no expectation of anything happening and remembers being astounded when the lady informed him that she could now see.

Cut to me thinking about this one morning last week. I suddenly felt really challenged as I heard God whisper in my ear, "ok, it might be a nice story, but it's someone else's. I want you to have your own." This is what I long for. I don't want to find myself recounting 30 year old stories of how God used my Grandfather. I want to join God in his kingdom work here and now and to have stories of my own that reflect that.