Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Yesterday I stumbled across one of the many mysteries of the blogging world. I was reading Eddie's blog for the first time in months and noticed this post, in which he announces that he's bo be married in a matter of months. The last time I read Eddie's blog he was talking about the struggles of being single, so you can imagine how surprised I was to learn not only is he going out with someone, but he is to be wed. Judging from comments he received I wasn't the only one.

Anyhow this got me thinking about the public nature of blogging and the fact that, particularly if you are embarking on a relationship, you will be reluctant to divulge details until you are sure of where you stand with the other person - after all you don't want the world knowing your feelings and assumptions when they do not, and you don't want to find yourself communicating with them via the medium of blog.

As a result we find these shocking marriage announcements from people who, as far as we knew, were grappling with what it means to be content and single!