Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The iPod is an icon of the postmodern age - sleek, sophisticated and immensely disposable. I was reading this article in The Guardian and remembered the many people (eg) I've heard of whose iPods have given up the ghost. A cynic would argue that Apple planned it that way to ensure it would be a continued money making venture, but a life of 1 year is surely less than most purchasers of these glorified hard discs expect?

I haven't yet succumbed to the iPod bug, but would certainly consider shopping else where if they don't improve their track record. Our market is set up so that media image is everything, and I believe that if we put pressure on Apple to make a product which promises longevity and not just temporary cool, that's what we'll get.

So if you find yourself with a Bad Apple I suggest you email the guy who wrote the Guardian article. Or you could try this.

Let's make iPods reliable.