Thursday, May 31, 2007

Sverige
Last night I arrived back in Cardiff after just over a week in Sweden. One of the main reasons for the visit was Helena and Christoffer's wedding in Kiviks, which is a small town in Skåne where a lot of cider apples are grown. The wedding was in a small, white chapel, filled with light and situated about 30 metres from the sea.

On Sunday I finally got to hear some tracks from Niklas' new demo (due out soon), and am really impressed. Watch his myspace for more info.

During the week I finally succumbed to a visit to the Kallbadhuset (cold bath house), where you get naked, sit in a sauna, and then jump into the sea. The experience was as strange as anticipated. We Brits just aren't used to being naked and comfortable, and especially not outdoors! Just when you start to relax (while discussing theology or some such) the thought runs through your mind "I'm naked," and inwardly you cringe. Thanks to Andreas and Peter for initiating me.

I also got to visit Packebo, where Sofia comes from, and spend some time with her family. It was so relaxing to get away from the city, to walk in the woods, and to enjoy the hospitality of The Family Carlbert.

I've posted some photos on Flickr (thanks Stina for loaning me your camera)...