Monday, March 29, 2004

Hiccups
Yesterday morning, while I was preparing some songs for our evening gathering, I got hiccups. They were the real deep, rather severe kind that linger even after drinking a lot of water. I sat down and chilled out for a while and eventually they went.

Then Lewis came around and, sure enough when I started singing the hiccups returned (grrr). We ran through the songs, amid many a "hic," and then went down to the YMCA to setup. I took the opportunity once everything was ready to just chill, sit down a bit, drink some water and just relax, and they subsided! I got up to lead the songs, got through King of Glory (which was the one that had got me hiccuping the last few times), got through all the other songs and even the rest of the evening with no obvious hiccup.

That evening when I returned home the dreaded hiccups returned and lasted until I fell asleep.