Wednesday, March 17, 2004

"The next step"
Over the last six months I've been trying to work out where it is that God is leading me once my degree is over. I have pushed a number of doors, aware that I want to learn more about starting, and leading communities of faith in order that one day I might do it myself.

About a month ago I heard God say something fairly concise, but which was to be unravelled as the weeks went on. He said "be patient," to which I responded "no, You clearly don't understand - I need an answer" (or something along those lines!) When I got to the Leaders' Conference two weeks ago I received that word once again from someone I had only just met.

I initially assumed that He meant "just you wait and I'll tell you where I want you." It turns out he was actually (or was also) saying that I wasn't to look on the next year as an end in itself, that He's willing to take his time with me!

So I looked at the guidance I already had on this issue and recognised that, of all the doors that had opened, only one seemed to be for now. So to cut a long story short(er)...next year I'll be interning with Andrew Wallis (aka Grommit) over at Bristol Vineyard.

This is one of the reasons I've been pretty quiet on here over the last few weeks - just trying to sort out some stuff before I commit it to web! Thanks for all of you who've been praying as this whole thing has been going on. I've already found somewhere to live, so now I just need to raise finances, wind down my involvement at CV, and pass those exams before I move over the Severn Bridge in September.