Thursday, May 13, 2004

Yawn...
Today was exam number 1. Contemporary Political Theory. Here are the questions I answered:
1. If Rawls's 'Original Position' is purely hypothetical, can it adequately justify his two principles of justice?
2. Should obligations of care supplant obligations of justice? Discuss with reference to Gilligan and Tronto.
3. Evaluate Rorty's claim that the ironist can be a committed liberal.
I was pretty happy with those.

Last night I finished revising at about 9.20 and ran myself a bath, with candles and Jack Johnson playing in the background. May sound sad, but it's the best way I've found to chill out, although Johnson has only been added to the mix since Zoë got back from New Zealand. Before him it was trip hop like Zero 7 or Massive attack that got me chilling.

Generally I just sit there and say to God: "ok, now I've done all I can do, I'm trusting you for the rest..." Which really isn't all that true because He got me through the bit I'm claiming credit for too!