Saturday, December 02, 2006

I've been a bit quiet here because I've been working long days preparing to launch www.htlorg.com. When I've been off-duty the last thing I've wanted to do is look at a screen. After looking at code for so long it's hard to string a sentence together, so I thought I'd spare you...

In my lunch breaks I've been taking walks in Malmö harbour, which overlooks the Oresund Bridge (that takes you from Malmö to Copenhagen). There is something really special about being close to the sea, especially when you are not native to the place where you live. It feels like home is that much closer. For the past two days the bridge has vanished behind a thick cloud of mist, but on Tuesday night, when I was out running, the sky was dappled with all the blues and reds of a proper late-autumn evening. Those evenings it feels like God has truly gone to work preparing a masterpiece for the eyes.