Thursday, February 20, 2003

beginning of Luke (3ish)
I noticed something this morning that, while I've read it many times before, struck me in a way that it hasn't before...anyhow it was where John says "you can't just get baptised because it's the 'thing' to do" and they say "well, what should we do then?" and he says "if you've got two coats give one away, do the same with food, if you're a tax collector don't rip people off and if you're a soldier don't bully people - be content with what you get" (my paraphrase).

John was saying that there is a 'new world order' (reminds me of the lyrics of a rap song) which will change your life where you're at. Become a new person. Today I'm asking God what that means for me - how can I be me and at the same time let His new, fair, contented life take centre stage?

{Jesus change me as I take these steps that I become the person you intend me to be}