Tuesday, February 25, 2003

I've had a few days out from blogging. Have been chilling with some friends, watching movies, figuring out some new webdesign packages - wondering if we should make our own, softcore version of Jackass. You know the kind of stuff - going down the stairs on your butt - a kind of ironic take on the whole idea: where jackass involves danger ours won't and yet we'll get just as excited about it.

I think PJ will one day realise his desire to dangle Oscar, our Yorkshire Terrier with "little guy" syndrome, from his fingers. Just you wait...

I've had to face a few things - firstly I went against my feelings and shared with the guys that I was feeling lonely at the moment. I knew this was right because if I can't share how I really feel, why should I expect anyone else in the group that I'm leading to bare their souls? Anyhow I did it and while I felt stupid, it's made me realise how important it is to be yourself as a leader.

I had these preconceptions of the leader as this lone wolf. As this guy who ensures his people get fed and yet has to look else where to grow himself. I've changed my mind on that one. If we're a family we're all responsible for one another and each can build up all. No more lone wolf for me!