Friday, April 16, 2004

I think it must be because I'm approaching a time of transition, coming to the end of uni and moving to Bristol in September, that I've been reminiscing a little more than usual. Today I was reminded that one of my most natural experiences of community happened in this very street.

When we moved in, maybe 6 years ago, I met Dan and Ben who had both lived in this street for a fair few years. They were both at Whitchurch High, just up the road, and we were all about 15 years old. Dan lived next door and there were three houses between mine and Ben's place. We would hang out a lot, go to parties and generally just share our life experiences.

They've both moved away now and we rarely see each other. I think last time I saw Ben was in Clwb Ifor Bach, sometime last year, and I occasionally see Dan when he visits his parents.