Monday, April 19, 2004

I've been looking forward to today for about a week now, having found it hard coming to terms with the fact that times of intensive revision don't give you much opportunity to get in contact with people and do kingdom stuff.

Recently a guy who has been a heroin user for some time has started showing up at our gatherings. He's found himself unable to get out of the drug culture and therefore break the habit. While he was in prison he had some experience of God and was asking if we knew of any way out. We told him about a local drugs rehab centre, run by followers and with a very high success rate, and made contact with them on his behalf. They invited him for an interview, which was supposed to take place this afternoon.

To cut a long story short, when we went to pick him up to take him for the interview he wasn't there and didn't show. Even though I knew there was some chance of this, I had had a good feeling about it and really thought he would show. This last week I had thanked God that even though I've been in "isolation," he's brought me into contact with people to serve, which is why I think it has felt like a blow.