Thursday, December 09, 2004

Blackout!
I walked through the door at 6.15pm on Tuesday after around 17 hours of travelling and got into bed around 9pm. The next morning I finally woke at 8am oblivious to the fact that my clock had been ringing (or more accurately beeping) since 7.30am.

Having prepared myself for the day ahead I jumped on my bike at around 9.55pm and headed to the office. On my arrival I was chatting with Grace, she asked me how the trip had gone. I started to think "where should I start" when I began to notice I was getting light-headed.

Four minutes later I was sat on the sofa in the office as Grace took the bag off my back. My mouth was sore and Andrew was now downstairs asking "what happened?" Apparently I had blacked out, fallen forward and smacked my head on Grace's desk. Fortunately I had my cycling helmet on at the time so I just had a bit of a fat lip, a small cut on my right arm and mis-shapen glasses. According to Grace, my eyes were open the whole time.