Friday, December 10, 2004

Some new music I picked up in the US of A...

The Postal Service "Give Up"
Sim, Abi and I were in a coffee house on Commercial Drive in Vancouver when we first heard this. It's kind of electronica meets chilled out American indie and is a side project of the singer from Deathcab for Cutie. I love it.

Pedro the Lion "Achilles Heel"
This is the latest recording from Pedro and is real interesting. At times strongly influenced by the likes of Radiohead and Coldplay, though not to a degree that is offputting. The raw guitar sounds in this album are what I love the most.

Ironically while I was there I had a conversation with a guy called George (part of Shoreline Vineyard, Seattle) in which he told me that all the best music comes out of the UK. At the time I agreed with him and didn't let on that most of my favourite bands are from the US!