Friday, December 31, 2004

It's the last day of 2004 and I've been doing some reflecting, thinking about the past year and the one ahead. I'm both excited and apprehensive about the future, knowing some of what is ahead though only in broad strokes, rather than fine detail. It's the detail that always bothers me.

Since being home I've enjoyed catching up with friends, hanging out with family and having the opportunity to rest. I'm in a strange place at the moment, a time of training, a time of getting used to being out of my comfort zone, a time of knowing I am between places. In the past month I've been learning a little of what it means to be content wherever you are and whatever you are doing, though I know I still have tons to learn.

Past leanings towards the poor and to issues of justice, which for a while I had put on the back-burner, seem to be resurfacing within me. While I don't know how their outworking will look, I know that to ignore them would be like lying to myself.

I just pray that God will continue to guide me as I take these little baby steps in following him.