Tuesday, March 11, 2003

I'm back blogging! I've been around since Friday but really haven't had the chance to sit down for long enough and process my thoughts. On Saturday I went to Viv's party after work which was cool. Happy Birthday for tomorrow Viv! It was cool to chill out and listen to some professional musicians sing Jazz and stuff. We then got roped in to doing a song - we actually rewrote the words to "Breakfast at Tiffanies" by Deep Blue Something in order that they were appropriate to Viv (cardboard table, scones etc.)

It was quite embarassing actually, I think PJ was the wiser for not joining in. I then crooned my way few Iris by the googoo dolls (once I remembered the words) and exited the stage (but not after singing a few bars of the "la" song). Sorry to those of you who were there...

On Sunday night Kirsten and I went to see Jackass the movie. I was surprised that I didn't laugh as much as I used to at it. My theory is that the bigger their budget, the less entertaining they are. It's the same thing that happened to Ali G. He was hilarious on the 11o'clock show, but by the time he got his own show it all started to go downhill. Perhaps people flourish in obscurity?