Friday, March 14, 2003

Luke 8
Jesus says "let's go to the other side" then falls asleep while the others get him there. It's quiet but soon a storm breaks out - they really and truly believe that they're going to die, so they wake Jesus up to tell him so - he clicks his fingers, the storm stops, then he tells them off for not trusting him. Why did he tell them off?

I guess it must be because he, God had given them orders to get to the other side and being God, when he said it he didn't mean "head for the other side so I can wipe you out on the way" - he meant "go to the other side." The passage really spoke to me. So often I'm so absorbed in what's going on around me that I think "how am I ever going to get through the storm?" But God has told me that he's taking me to a place beyond that, so why should I give up trusting him just because the weather's changed. If he orders, he'll provide the resources.