Monday, January 08, 2007

Mmm mmm I just made the nicest Lentil Soup. It's the first time I've made a soup, and it marks me getting over a strange fear of lentils that I've had for a while. Fear is probably an over exaggeration, but I think they would be harder to use...

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
1 Onion (finely chopped)
2 cloves Garlic (crushed)
1 litre Vegetable Stock
300g Lentils
3 potatoes (sliced small)
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
2 pinches Curry Powder
1 pinch Salt
2 pinches Black Pepper

Instructions:
1. Saute the Onion in the olive oil until it goes transparent, then add the the garlic.
2. Place the Vegetable Stock in a large saucepan and heat until simmering.
3. Add the Onion and Garlic.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 45min-1hour, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve with fresh bread.