Sunday, January 07, 2007

While Christmas and New Year were lovely times of relaxing with family, eating lots, and having fun together, there was another, more serious side, to the whole thing. There was a sense of God calling me towards himself, reminding me who I am and asking me to put him first in everything. I've been reassessing and rediscovering my purpose - the one thing that I could say I was made for.

It says in the Bible that "Where there is no vision, the people perish," and I'm sure that this is true. Vision is the target that you can set your sites on, it is the context into which everything you do fits. It is the thing against which you can measure your priorities, and assess, out of all the potentially good things you could do, which you are supposed to do.

I'm told that while pursuing your calling won't always be easy, when you are doing it there is a sense of peace, a deep sense of happiness.

On another note, I'm loving Rob Bell's Nooma Videos at the moment. I like the way he uses such short clips to capture a single aspect of who God is, or how we relate to Him.